Saturday 23 January 2010

This is the blog of David L Rattigan

Since I started writing for The Guardian's Comment is free, my presence in search-engine results has changed dramatically. An unfortunate side effect of this is that a Google search for "David L Rattigan" turns up several former blogs before this current blog is found a few pages in.

I don't want to delete my former Blogger sites, since it is well-known that deleted urls are easily taken over by spammers, which could have much less desirable effects. All the content has been deleted, so they are basically just empty blogs, with an url directing any readers to my current location.

So I'm hoping that this post, by using key words such as Dave Rattigan, David L Rattigan, David L Rattigan's blog and Dave Rattigan's blog, will give a bit of a nudge to the search engines.

Any other advice would be gratefully received.

No comments:

Post a Comment